Thursday, April 07, 2005

Here's My Fiver For French Open

The French Open has quite some time to start, yet my bet's already on Rafael Nadal to play Roger Federer (who else!) in the finals. Why? He said so, so it must be true. He said so shortly after he had lost his first Masters Series final (the Nasdaq 100 Open) to Federer 6-2, 7-6, 6-7, 3-6, 1-6 in a gritty 5-setter.
I play Valencia, Monte-Carlo, Barcelona, Rome, Hamburg. I stop one week and play the French Open in the final.

Rather pleased with himself? Of course, for he knew he had come awfully close to causing the upset of the year. That this fearless Spaniard was just a two shots away from beating the man with a 32-1 record this year could only mean that the 18 year old was on the verge of establishing himself as one of the best in the business.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Roger would agree. He was up against the wall for three sets and probably had to gather every ounce of his grit, and lose a little bit of his ever-cool temper to hold on to the match.
I consider myself lucky to get through... Even on the run he can hit it with the spins - backhand to the court, make you hit another tough shot. We'll see very much from him in the future. So for me this was a big match because I know what a great player he will be one day.

The day may not be too far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.